Skip to main content

That Old Man With Gifts And Cakes


She was there into her
She knew nothing, not even a word.
The ups and downs, the highs and lows
All were just stories in a row.

When she embraced this beautiful world
Her fingers were clenched and her eyes like pearl.
She was Gazing to read each face
As her heart skipped a beat at a faster pace.

Years passed and she came to school
Uniform on and a dress for pool.
Her sharp mind and her learning power
Soon made her the shining star.

Uncles and aunts visited her place
Listened to her jingles with all that grace.
She loved that tall old man
Who came to meet her in a white van.

He used to bring gifts and cakes
And asked for a little hand shake.
She merrily and happily went with him
To a place at night where the lights were dim.

What happened that night no one knows
'Cause after that day she never spoke.
All her poems and rhymes and verses
Were lost in that night leaving no traces.

Several nights have passed since then
Why this chirpy creature became a symbol of silence?
No one tried to figure it out
Making their faces all in doubt.

They say she is a big girl now
It's good to speak less, any how.
They turn to their work again
And never try to see her pain.

Yes, the years are still rolling without any break
The old man still visits with those gifts and cakes...

See more at: speech to imagination

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Feel Something New

Today I feel something new..... A feeling which I think is only with few. Today I feel something in the air..... A feeling which I know is always rare. This weather has added taste to my thought... It might remain there for moments very short. But I feel that something is new.... A feeling which I think is only with few. From morning to day from day to night... Every second seems to be bright. Every hour is like a river flowing in me.... A river of joy and glee. Not a single minute has turned to be in vain.... As I am in the wonder train. The train of your mesmerizing thought... It holds me there.....and I can't ignore it.. I am sure!! I awaited this day for long.... I awaited my turn to come... I want this hour to cease..... Slip slowly, crawl and creep. Do not know what will happen tomorrow... I have died to live this moment today.. Coz....! what I feel is new... New for like me who are very few.

Apologies....

When the sky was dark and you found yourself nowhere, When the clouds thundered and you found yourself lost... You wished I was there , I would sacrifice, But I did not... I apologize. When the world was against you and you found yourself alone, When everyone ignored you and you found yourself away... You wished I was there , I would sympathize, But I did not... I apologize. When you were burdened with troubles and you found yourself without a penny, When there was no helping hand and you found yourself lonely... You wished I was there , I would compromise, But I did not... I apologize. I wanted to make that sky clear I desired to be close and near. I craved to take you away from ignorance I urged to fill your world with fragrance. I aspired to be on your side I wanted to be your safest place to hide. But I could not recognize... I apologize. I know these apologies will not soothe your pain These apologies will not bring those days again.

Memories will hold you back

Open the doors, let the breeze come in Step ahead and hear it sing. Grab that moment, don't look back, Coz this is the time, leave the track. Cut all knots if they don't open, Melt your desires if they were frozen. Just one leap of truth is all you need, Speak out loud and work for your greed. Run, walk, stumble or fall Do something to maket it all. Stretch your hands, forget thoughts which were sour, Lay on the ground and just watch the stars. Try new jeans or wear a floral crown, Sing a song and let your fingers snap. Move on the road and don't turn around, Coz your memories will hold you back.